I am sort of the worst shopper. Okay, that's a bold face lie. I am THE worst shopper for other people. Shopping for me... I am like a rock star ass kicking jedi master of purchasing. Case and point...last weekend, two of my best friends came to watch my son so I could get some Christmas shopping done. I came home with a sweater, candles and a pillow for myself.
So, if Santa finds it in his heart to overlook how wildly bad I have been this year, here is what I would like those little elves to be hunting down for me to leave under my vintage Christmas tree.
1) Bamboo Mirror - I don't have a vanity table but I have lots of fantasies about having one. This would probably require me to wear more than BB Cream but whatever. I want one and this adorable bamboo mirror would be on it.
2) Vintage Needlepoint Pillow - I mean!!!!! The colors!!! The design!!!! This is so me. It's more me than me. I have actually decided to take up needlepointing in 2018 (I am open to any tips you have). I need something to help me unwind at night and I am looking for a more productive hobby than online shopping. I look forward to mastering the squirrel starter kit I have and moving on to bigger, greener, chinoiserie pillow pastures.
3) Red Opaline Chandelier - I love this in a kitchen of course, but I think this could even be a really fun addition to a powder room. This is pure retro bliss.
4) French Blue Opaline Goblets - If I ever own these, I will put in my will that I am to be buried with them.
5) Vintage Salt and Pepper Shakers - I am so drawn to these because of the mixture of textures. I love the smooth green tops and the bumpy clear bases. These would make such a fun addition to any table.
6) Alfred Meakin "The Hansa" China - While I have shelves and shelves of plates and china patterns, this is my official china pattern. I am always looking for new pieces to add to it. I love how modern and simple the design is with the links. I find it works with a wide range of patterns when I mix my table.
7) Signed Abstract Vintage Painting - A good vintage abstract will always make me happy. The yellow in this one just takes it over the edge with the happiness factor. Vintage abstracts like this are my favorite things to find at flea markets. (Click Here for a post on how to clean the vintage artwork you encounter)
8) Brass Dolphin Bookends - If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I recently bought a pair of glass dolphin candlestick holders. Since then, I am completely obsessed with all vintage chinoiserie-esque dolphin items. I'm also trying to hunt down a dolphin compote. And if you have followed me even for a second, you know that I have a real thing for sexy little compotes.
What vintage home items are you hoping Santa brings you? Still looking for some gift ideas? Visit my Etsy shop for some great ideas for last minute gifts!