I have followed and admired Jessika Goranson on Instagram for years now. (You need to follow her if you don't...she owns a fabulous store in Boston and is mom to two adorable little twins). I was first introduced to her in a feature on her New York Apartment in Lonny in 2013.
Get comfy yall, this is about to be a visual treat.
My love affair started right here with this entrance...
Let's Dive In:
1) Vintage Runners are always a good idea in hallways that are long and narrow like this one. I love the pop of red there that greets you immediately and plays off the neutral wallpaper.
2) Oh my that wallpaper...as you know, I am quite the fan of a modern wallpaper and vintage art. This is just pure and total heaven to me.
3) You will notice all over this apartment how tall the art is or how hight it is hung. I love the way she draws the eye up to really show off how high her ceilings are...you can see this even in this entrance with the vintage horse oil painting over the door.
4) The antique chest of drawers adds what I would expect is much needed storage.
5) The antlers used as a hat rack adds such a touch of charm to the entrance.
I think this apartment could make a great argument as one that would appeal to both men and women and is a really good model to use if you are trying to incorporate a little bit of his and a little of hers.
Let's Dive In:
1) The leather couch and velvet blue chair gives off a more masculine vibe. But it isn't enough that it overpowers the room. It is immediately contradicted, however, by the feminine pillows, the leopard foot rest and the plates. (Things you would generally consider feminine items)
2) I love how she uses that screen behind the console table and the couch on the right hand side of the picture.
3) I also love that she kept the curtains white. That wouldn't have been my first instinct here but I think it helps draw your eye to the color and accessories in the room and not necessarily the windows. (Don't you see that lovely portrait before you notice the windows?)
You know how much I love a vintage silhouettes. I also love when people decorate their hall.
I absolutely love the way she used the curtain here to make a dramatic statement over the bed. What an easy project to just attach to the wall like that!! I did something similar in our old bedroom to give it some color on the back wall but this is so clean and smooth.
What is your favorite part of this apartment?
(Apologies so late today, I am actually traveling this week and trying to keep up!!)